how do YOU lose weight?

whats the best way to lose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Cut out all refined sugar. Usually if I do that I can drop like 10 lbs in a couple months just doing that alone.

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• When i was done breastfeeding I started counting calories. I kept it under 1200 a day, I'm still maintaining that lifestyle but I'm at my ideal weight. I lost about 25 lbs in 3 months this way.

Best way ----- stop eating too much -- that's really the only way.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am eating clean.

lots of fruits and veggies, water, exercise.
    whole grains

NO WHITE food.....sugar, potatoes, bread, rice (yes, that means no cookies)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I counted my calories. Set a number that I didnt want to pass in a 24 hr time frame and stuck to it. I take in around 1,300 a day. And no thats not starving yourself IF you eat GOOD foods. Two debbie cakes can be 1,300 cals and thats not all you wanna eat in a day, no. But if you start paying attention to the nutrition facts on your food items, you will see what you really shouldnt be eating, etc.

I got pregnant at 135lbs. The day I gave birth I was 170lbs (of coarse I was eating more then 1,300 cals a day) but 7 months after having my son I was down past my starting pregnancy weight, I got down to 105lbs. Lost 65lbs.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Default answer: there is no "best" way because everyone is different. Some universal truths that will help you, though:
    WATER, lots of it, you need it and it will flush you out, plus you eat more when you're dehydrated
    No artificial sweeteners, they turn off the chemical that tells your brain you're full. 100 calorie yogurt w/ sugar is better for you than 80 cal with nutrasweet
    Don't eat just one thing, mix carbs and proteins, fruits/veggies and dairy, whatever combo you want, control the portion sizes.
    Find the right ratio of fat:carbs:protein for your body, everyone is different and you won't know except through trial and error
    Don't beat yourself up when you slip, it didn't ruin your whole day, just acknowledge and move on
    Find exercise you like to do, don't force yourself to do something you hate - you'll only end up resenting it
    If it's called a "diet" it's not going to work
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I stopped buying junk food, and go to the gym when I can... the most common form of weight gain is water weight so cutting back on sodium, and drinking tons more water might make you shed a few lbs pretty fast!!! Just being more aware of what you eat is always good...

I wouldn't say eating less is the key... just make sure that whatever you're eating, you're exercising out the extra calories. You can eat like a hog and still loose weight if you're balancing it with exercise!!

Keep in mind that whatever you do needs to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary change. You'll gain those lbs right back if you stop as soon as you get to your desired weight. So I don't reccomend anything extreme that you can't keep up with for the rest of your life!!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 6:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I start out by cutting out ALL soda (including diet) and fast food. Then I start watching portion sizes, eat ONLY when I am hungry not when the clock tells me it's time to eat. I drink ONLY water or unsweetened ice tea. I do NOT cut out any certain foods except the soda and fast food. I have done this in the past and lost 15 pounds without exercising. I am starting again on Monday, I WILL lose 40-50 pounds by summer. I want my stomach pouch gone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Start by eating a balanced breakfast cut out all sodium and processed foods. Drink only water. Eat well balanced meals do not cut out any food groups.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i am following Weight Watchers, it is lifestyle change, not a diet. and as i said in another question - i do not agree with this: Cut way back on meat and dairy. your body needs calcium and protein.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 4:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2010