What would you do here?

SO and I want to save for a trip. We want this money to be together so we can both keep track, but we don't want instant access for either of us. Just in case something happens, I know I don't want a large sum of cash for someone to steal from me. Sorry, love my SO, but I also loved my ex-h and he completely ripped me off when I caught him cheating. I know every man is different, but I just don't want to deal with the heartbreak and being poor on top of it again. We've tried saving seperately and it's not going to work, I'm not capable, I have to have something seperate from my other accounts. I think he is having the same issue as well. Anyone know if there is a credit card or special savings account that might work for this?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• pass book savings account.

that way you have to take the book to the bank to make a withdrawal.
    Anonymous

• Open a Paypal, or other online account (Ing direct is good, too)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ask about special savings accounts at your bank. I've seen at a few different banks a type of "cookie jar" account where you can deposit as much money as you want, as often as you want, but you can only make withdrawals a few times a year; with some of these, you can even specify when you want to be able to withdraw.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• ING Direct have great accounts for saving. It take a couple of days to get your money out so it's harder to tap into your savings.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ditto ING Direct.
    jendechant

Answer by jendechant at 8:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2010