getting married in a bathing suit?

no my lil bro is getting hitched! lol. he has been with his gf for 3 yrs and they seem good together. and she said she wanted to get married on the beach --- which is cool i love desination weddings, it is a good reason to take a vaca... then she says she wants to get married in a bathing suit. now she isnt fat but she isnt perfect. she doesnt work out.... i just dont understand it.... not a big deal... but my ?? is this === have you Ever known anyone to get married in a bathing suit??

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 1:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have seen a couple underwater wedding, one where they were in wet suits and one in bathing suits, but none on dry land in a bathing suit. Wait, I take that back I have seen one where she was wearing a bikini, but with a white, flowing sarong, so she wasn't completely exposed.

That seems a bit weird. Will she be all done up with a veil and every thing in a bikini? Even if I had a perfect body, I wouldn't wear a swimming suit to get married, especially if my family was coming. That is strange.

I think you all should encourage her to put some clothes on. She will thank you when the pictures come back.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• No. I used to live at the beach so I've been to lots of beach weddings, but they usually at least wear a sundress not a bathing suit! I mean, it's her wedding I guess but if I didn't have a great body I certainly wouldn't want everyone looking at it!

Answer by missanc at 2:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• haha, NO !!!! Nice sundress and barefoot on the beach sounds better.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• yeah sundress... that would be cute.... cute sandals, maybe barefoot.... just wanted to be sure i wasnt old and out of the loop ... that getting married in your bathing suit was somehow normal now...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If it's good enough for Pamela Anderson....
    Anonymous

• No. Every beach wedding I have ever attended the bride wore a simple dress and the groom usually khaki pants or shorts with a white casual dress shirt.
    Anonymous

• screw that its her wedding if she wants to be butt naked as god made her more power to her. If your brother is coolwith it then its really no one else's place to say whether its right or wrong. Maybe directly after they are announce husband and wife they plan to run into the water and celebrate like splashing each other kicking the water that type of stuff why not do it in a bikini
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 2:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• oh no i am not telling her not to... she is set on it. i did tell her that my bff's first wedding was on the beach and they wore sunglasses and unfortunately they looked dated. they were the bono style, besides you couldnt see each others eyes.. so i told her imo that she should stay away from sunglasses. i didnt ask about a veil. i would imagine she would wear full hair and makeup. idk about the veil.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• At least it's not a birthday suit? jk lol
    Anonymous

• It's her wedding, and as long as she and DH are happy with their attire, who cares?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010