Anyone here sell on Ebay?

I was thinking of starting an account, hoping to make a little extra cash. Anyone have any tips for me?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I tried selling stuff on ebay and now i owe ebay and didnt sell much, i lost more then earned!! i didnt like it i love to sell my stuff on craigslist because its free!! free to post!!! i love CL!
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Join the CafeMom ebay sellers group; there are some fantastic women in that group

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Keep in mind that there's a fee for posting each listing (varies based on how much your starting bid is), regardless of whether it sells or not. It's also advisable to have a PayPal account and ONLY take PayPal payments; if someone pays with a credit/debit card, there are PayPal fees for that, as well. Oh, and if you do post something, don't get disheartened if it doesn't sell right away; lots of people wait until the last minute to bid, because that's how you get the best deals and the best chance of winning.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I sell on ebay but mostly my daughter's clothes. And only the ones that are namebrand & the ones that I know I will get money out of. Some of her clothes I have made more money on them then I paid for them. I usually look up whatever item I am trying to sell & watch it & see how much it goes for & then I figure out how much to start the bid at! Good luck!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 2:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I sell on ebay. I sell baby, kids, maternity, womens and mens new and used clothing, but mostly used. It's important to sell what you have a personal interest in and have knowledge in. Also start your listings at the bare minimum you are willing to accept for the item and be sure to calculate what all your fees would be when you are coming up with your starting price. Take really clear pictures with natural light ,if it's clothing or something with a label or mark take at least one picture of the entire item and one up close of the label or mark. If it's clothing, and a name brand list that name in the title. If it's a brand that has lines, such a Gymboree, list that line name in the title as well.

Make sure you take advantage of the title space. If you were selling a Ralph Lauren baby boys shirt in a size 3 month don't have a title like: "Baby Boy Shirt" you'd be surprised how many people WASTE title space.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• ...CONT. The more appropriate title would be "RALPH LAUREN Baby Boys Polo Shirt sz 3 month EUC" (EUC is excellent used condition....but there is also NWT, new with tags, NWOT, new without tags, GC, good condition, and GW Gently Worn. With clothes list the measurements as well. One companies size 10 women's jeans may be a size 8 in another brand. Measurements avoid problems with items not fitting. Have a return policy!!! When you accept paypal you accept returns whether you want to or not!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I lost money on Ebay but join a CM group for Ebay sellers so they can guide you so you won't lose.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010