waxing your cat?

I am tired of shaving, I HATE razorburn and ingrown hair's. So I was wondering if you wax do you have those problems?

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I wax and do not have those problems. But the lady at the spa rubs me down with baby oil after and I think that helps and then she gave me some stuff called TendSkin that most spas sell to use for a day or two after the wax that I think it supposed to prevent that as well. I love waxing and will never shave again!

Answer by missanc at 2:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I can say I don`t think I have the balls to go get that done. I just recently got used to showing my "cat" to my OB/GYN.
    Anonymous

• I've been waxing for over 20 years, and you definitely do NOT get razor burn. Plus, when the hairs grow back, they'll be softer and finer than before, instead of that horrible stubble. You CAN get ingrown hairs, some people are just prone to that. But like the PP said, TendSkin works wonders for that.

I'm all about the Brazilian, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ok, does anyone wax themselves?
    Anonymous

• Haha, no way am I waxing my coochie myself! Tried it once, and it was a disaster. If you're planning on just doing the sides, I say go for it, but for a full Brazilian, I'd highly recommend going to a professional. Let's just say I ended up with a crotch full of wax and no idea how to get it off... Not one of my best moments, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't do it myself at least the first time! It does pinch a little bit and I would want to know what to expect. I'm still not brave enough to do it myself, I just chalk up the $50 to go every 6 weeks or so - my husband gave me a couple hundred to go to the spa for Christmas in 2008 and after that was gone I started coloring my hair at home instead of the salon to save some of the money. And truthfully, my dh really doesn't mind paying for my waxing!!

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have tried to do it myself and when I ripped the wax off it left this AWFUL mark like a hickey and burned like hell!!! I can't shave because I am so fat now I can't see down there to do it, and the shaving cream gives me bacteria infection. I can't stand having hair there though!

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Being very old fashioned and a natural woman, I don't disturb the natural environment "down there" and I refuse to let a stranger wax my "cat", Yikes. It is so uncecessary,IMO. Just let it be the way God nmade it, There is a good reason to not try to change things like that.
    Anonymous

• I have been shaving since I was 12 or 13 and i have never got razor burn or had any problems. I would never get it waxed just because i am way to shy for that
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Back in 1967 when I was in labor with my first baby, the policy was that all Moms would get their "down there" area shaved before going to the delivery room. I really hated it. Then, when it all started growing back in a few days later, it itched soooo bad I swore I would never ever have that shaved again. I haven'tt . And I won't.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010