What are some tips about the ways you handle jealousy?

For instance, if you feel jealous about your husbands relationship with another female, or your best friend's relationship with some one else. What is some advice on ways you can change your thinking, or ways you treat yourself kindly so you feel better.
These tips should be things I can do for myself without relying on another person to change their behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• i would take a class (i know that is easier said than done if you have young children, a job, ect.). but find something that interest you and maybe there you will connect with someone who has the same interest. and you relate the relationship that you have with them with the relationship the people in your life have with others. to me you just seem lonely... and i only say that bc this is how feel as well. i need to take my own advice!
    Anonymous

• Believe in yourself. List all the things you think are great about you then ask your dh and kids what they think is great about you. Keep in mind that dh choose to MARRY you and spend his life with you. As long as you love, respect and show him that you appreciate him he won't want anyone else. Have confidence in who you are and your role in his life. Just bc people share time with others doesn't mean they don't think you rock.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• This is such a great question. I honestly think that jealousy can make someone strive to be better at many things almost like a contest. Believe or not that is how I started to dress sexier and lose weight and even work out. All because of jealous remarks made at a school. Heaven forbid you look hip or look sexier or a day younger than they do they flip out for the attention whore award. It has been a jealous much enviornment for me. But it taught to ignore and just be the best that I can be and then some just for shock value.
    Anonymous

• are you still young? I think you may just need to grow some.... I know just getting older has mellowed me out alot!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010