Does my son need to see a doctor

The last 2 days my 4yr old son has broken out in what i think is hives.They will apear and disapear within 40 minutes.It will apear as a big red mark on his face,behind his ears even some on his back.And they itch.Don't know why this is suddenly happening.He isn't eating anything new.We haven't changed anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i would bring him in better safe then sorry. clearly something is irritating his skin.
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Op here- i meant to add that bumps also appear on the red marks.

Anonymous

• Sounds like he is having some type of allergic reaction to something I would take him to a doctor and ask them to do an allergy test on him, it consists of bloodwork and they check everything to see what he is allergic too from dust, cats, dogs etc. but it's good to find out so whatever it is you can either get rid of or try to control. With the allergy test they will also tell you how allergic your child is to whatever it is that he might be allergic to from severe to mild. Good Luck!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I agree with ashtynsmom730 -- better safe than sorry.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Sounds like hives which are a common thing with allergies
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• OP-Thanks, i will call his ped. this afternoon.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would bring him in so you can find out what he is allergic to so it can be avoided. Some allergies can turn life threatening.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2010