are boys more onry than girls?

He is always pushing my buttons, he is really sweet but man can he drive me NUTS!!!

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is he doing it out of boredom? Maybe he just likes to try and get a rise out of you, some boys are like that, when they see if drives you bananas then they do it even more!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have 2 boys and 1 girl. By far, my girl is the most ornery! Love her but she drives me nuts!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• my daughter was worse than my son at a younger age- but now that they are older- he does like to do stuff that drives us nuts!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Meh. My son's pretty cool. I babysit girls. I am thankful I had a boy!(no offense to those that have girls)
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I think they are equal. It depends on the way they are shaped. If you are teaching him to be a stereotypical boy...rough and tumble play then he may be just exerting more aggression because of it. My daughter was like that when she was younger because her dad and her would wrestle all the time. She would go around hitting and pushing others. She would spit and sass back. Now that we have broadened her play she has mellowed out. You might consider more outdoor play:running, walking, some sports. That always helps get that excess energy out.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I've got 3 girls and I know they get the hormone thing going....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• When young it always seemed to me boys were more likely to do the daring, jumping off the roof type thing. I would rather have a little girl. In the teen years those girls have those hormone things, and they are sneaky and smart. The boys were easier in the teenage years. So go figure, you have several years of losing your hair either way!!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 3:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It's not like that in my house. I have 2 girls and 1 boy, and the girls are much more accomplished at pushing my buttons. My girls are much more strong willed and intentional about things. My 2 yo girl will already stamp her foot and give me a look that can only be described as a "go to he!!" look. My son is pretty much always sweet and pleasant to be around.
    Anonymous

• I think girls in general are a little more dramatic in their personalities. Their highs are higher and their lows are lower. I kinda think it's funny and definitely keeps life more interesting. My sons are more easy going, laid back - but if I want information, I go to my daughter!

Answer by missanc at 4:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My baby boy so far has been more ornry than my daughter when she was a baby! I think it's genetic though ;)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010