I have gained weight & it makes me depressed & eat even more!

I have gained around 7 pounds but I am very petite so it shows up more on me. I try to eat better, but find my self getting depressed & eating that much more. I workout, I just can't seem to eat right! Any motivation tips? I think if i could lose like 2 pounds that would motivate me to do better. But I can't stop eating to lose a couple pounds!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I had the same problem so I designated my best friend as the person to encourage me. It only takes someone saying "My, you look chubby today" for you to be able to stick to a diet and do a couple crunches every night. I love crunches because they are proven to instantly make your musles more toned. You actually improve your posture too.
    More than anything I have been trying to make peace with myself as I am. Why do we care so much about what we think other people are thinking?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I wish I could tell you something all I can think of is "Dicipline"
    Anonymous

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am on Weight Watchers. I have lost over 55 pounds since last February, but over the Holidays have put 5 pounds back on. I'm in the same boat!!! It's so hard to get back "on" because I'm so upset about going backwards...but yesterday, I just decided to JUMP IN!! You have to have things on hand to combat the bad stuff!!! Get some Pregresso Light soups, good cereals, thin-shaved lunchmeat and diet cheese!!! I'm in love with the Baked Cheddar and Sour Cream chips! It's hard, but take a pic of yourself now, and then stick to being good for a week and take another pic.....that's real motivation!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 3:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ladies stop beating your self up. Just look foward and stay on track. Take one meal at a time and you will be fine.

Have a great day!!!!
    terry82380

Answer by terry82380 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Don't eat if you are not hungry, drink water, chew gum, brush your teeth, exercise, go for a walk. Stay focused!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010