Playing mom and dad

So i'm 18 single mom of course. My daughter's father only wants to play daddy when other men come around. I'm not trying to have different man coming in and out my daughter's life they are just friends. I'm talking atleast 2 guys. We are not sexually active we just hang out from time to time. My male friend dwayne does a lot for my daughter might I add she is 2 months and he is 19. You really can't find guys like this now a days. Her father is really upset, but he is in atlanta,Ga and im in VA. He left after she was born to be with some other female. He is 18 and she is 20. We were together for a yr. He includes her in our personal life and he can't see that this has nothing to do with her. She is also trying to have his child and that makes upset because he is going to b around her throughout the pregnancy and he left me alone the whole time. what should I do?

Chelsz101

Asked by Chelsz101 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be careful who you have comming in and out of your little one's life just cuz kids get attached very easily, as far as her real dad goes hes gonna do what hes gonna do as far as relationships and having another child, but I wouldn't allow him just to pop in and out whenever he feels like it either it is very confusing to a child when this occurs. Your little one needs stability just like every child needs and all these ppl popping in and out can be confusing for a little one.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• What do you want to do? You sound like you are letting him control you meanwhile he has moved on. Decide what you want for your life and just do it. Daddy will deal with it. Just tell him to send child support

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• All you can do is focus on being the best mommy you can be. You can't control what her father does. He doesn't exactly sound like the kind of guy you would want to be with so this is his loss not yours!If he wants to have another baby with someone else even though he can't seem to be a father to the one he has now that's his business.Just feel sorry for the girl that he's with that has to deal with him now.From the sound of it he's no prize.Be relieved you're not with him and you can eventually move on to bigger and better things.I agree with jsimonds220.Be careful with who you introduce to your child. Make sure they're a stable person and a good role model.As she gets older she will pick up on things and it's not healthy for her to have different men coming in an out of her life.Keep your love life separate from your daughter unless you have no doubt who you're with plans to stick around and treat you and your child well.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010