How did you choose your spiritual path?

This question is for people of any and all paths.

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I consider myself a naturalistic pantheist. i believe there is no separation between reality and divinity. Nature itself is "god-like", and since we are part of nature, it is important to treat it as an equal. I have always been fond of nature and decided this spiritual path fit me well. Pantheism doesnt teach fear, sin nor is it patriarchal. Only thing keeping me from being fully converted, is that most pantheists believe once you die you no longer exist, much like before you are conceived. You just...rot in the ground. But I prefer the "fairy tale" version of after life where we reunite with loved ones.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am a Christian. I go to a Curch of Christ even though my parents raised me Catholic and it causes conflicts in our views. I firmly beleive in Jesus Christ and I have tried my hardest to make sure that the path I am on is going to lead me closer to him. I also try to surround myself with positive and supportive people who love others. It makes life so much better when you avoid negative situations.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Rigourous Bible study! I'm a wary by nature kinda gal and am one of Jehovah's Witnesses now.
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 3:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I felt lead in my heart and followed my feelings to the Lord Jesus in the Baptist church (also the church that I was raised in as a child, but later sort of slacked off on). I have never been happier. : )
    Anonymous

• My path chose me, I am a firm beleiver of God, a personal relationship not attached to any denomination or religion.

Answer by older at 4:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I was a devout christian.
    Woke up one day and realized I didnt believe in what I always had anymore so I went searching(figured Id stay christian just a different denomination).

Through some reading and talking with friends and whatnot I discovered things that truly spoke to me and answered questions Id decided to let God answer. I felt a completeness and full blown peace I never quite had before.

Now my path is eclectic with some witch, wiccan, and hindu mixed together and its been a great, great experience.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I used to try religions out and look for things that appealed to me.

But then one day I met Jesus Christ; I fell head over heels in love with Him. There is nothing else for me. I chose the narrow path.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My path chose me.  I have never and will never believe in any gods.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I didn't "choose" anything. It IS who I am, inside. It was whenI decided to listen to my hearts path that I was truly happy.
    I am an atheist, who feels a great affinity to nature, and all things of nature. I was raised christian, and it never, ever "spoke" to me how others say it does. It all never made it through my BS meter.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I didn't choose. It came naturally over a period of time. I questioned, researched, questioned some more, and just let thinks take its course. It's not something I actively pursued though, I didn't wake up one day and go "HECK YEAH, ATHEISM!"
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2010