I am having an ultrasound tomorrow and ....

I will be 17 weeks pregnant. I am having twins and the ultrasound tech told me that this time they "may be able to tell the sex(es), but don't get disappointed if we can't."

So what do you guys think? When did you find out? Do you think we'll be able to tell or do you think it's too soon? Just curious as to what your personal experiences have been.

I really want to find out because it is income tax time and I want to start buying things for the babies when I get my taxes back!

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 16 weeks with my twins when I found out. We were only supposed to be doing a vaginal ultrasound to check my cervix, but the tech asked if I wanted to see if we could see what they were...of course I said yes. One swipe across my stomach and both were wide open. She asked me what I thought they were...me and hubby had already talked about it, we thought "A" was a girl and "B" was a boy. We were right.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 5:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I was 20 weeks with my DD. They had me scheduled for an appt at 17 weeks but they had to reschedule, they told me the same thing for my 17 week appt.

Good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• With my first son I found out at 18wks that he was going to be a boy, with my son I am pregnant with right now I found out at 19wks, I'm sure they will be able at 17wks the ultrasound tech told me it also depends on whether its a boy or girl that boys are easier to tell on an ultrasound than girls are and it also depends on the position of the baby. Start out buying neutral colors that can be worn on boys and girls like yellows and greens to get going as far as buying baby gear for now. And good luck tommorrow I hope you have one boy and one girl!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• They can actually tell the gender as early as 16 weeks but it all depends on the cooperation of the babies. Some women find out on the first attempt and others it takes more than one sonogram appt. to find out. My son wouldn't cooperate until the 3rd try. He kept crossing his legs and the umbilicle cord was always in the way. With 2 babies it will be a bit more or a challenge for whoever is doing your sonogram to get a clear view of the sex organs. Don't worry though you will eventually find out. I know it's probably eating you up you want to know so badly! After the 2nd attempt with my baby I started getting impatient. I wanted to start planning and buying baby stuff!
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• they definitely can tell that soon but it's hard to tell if you will be able to find out or not. you can always save that money until you do find out though :-) or buy green and yellow. good luck!
    Anonymous