How soon do doctors check for gestational diabetes?

My doctor tested me at 24 weeks and I was wondering if thats too early? I forget when I tested with my first pregnancy but I thought it was later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your ob gyn will check you for gestational diabetes between your 26th and 28th week of your pregnancy, i got checked for it on week 27
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Gosh, I lost track of my weeks. I'm somewhere between 24-28 weeks and I'm being tested next Monday.
    Anonymous

• I think I had it done around 26 - 28 weeks.
    Anonymous

• All these answers are correct. That's when doctors will usually test you. I'm 27 weeks and I will be tested at my next appt.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I was tested at 28 weeks.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I haven't had it done with my pregnancies.
    But if you're having signs of complications for any reason, your doctor might be thinking about checking things earlier on.
    If you question it, just ask to see what is happening- and why.

Have you been showing sugar in the urine?
    How did you do with your last pregnancy?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• OP....No my first pregnancy was perfect and so is this one so far. They just metioned to me when I took the test last visit that it was a little early but that I could still take it. Im just worried that it was too early and what if I get gestational diabetes later and we would never know. Omg I do not want to drink that stuff again it was so grose and made me gag, do yall think I should request to be retested or do you think its fine?
    Anonymous

• no don't get re-tested. that's my opinion :)
    Anonymous

• this time my doc had me do it at 10 weeks just to be sure. last time was 29 weeks hen i did the 3 hour.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010