how can I tell my 2nd cousin she is making herself look "loose "on facebook

I love her to death , I am her dads cousin . I think I am the only one in the family that really listens to her , My cousin is a great guy but he is old school he just kind of orders her around, His attitude is he will ground her if she pisses him off
Thing is she posts a new boyfriend every week , kissing and making out. She post as status things that are crude , Like "one day when no one is around Ima go down on him hard " I have talked to her ans she says she is not sleeping with all of her boyfriends that she practises safe sex , I believe her she is a bright and kind girl
I think sometimes she does stuff to get attention , She has always been a bit over looked in the family I wanat to be there for her but I am afraid if I tell her she may be thought of as skanky from this activity , she will cut me off and then have no one to talk to What should I say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old is she?? I would tell her in person that the internet isn't the place to post personal things that there alot of crazy ppl out there and it's just not the proper place to post things of that nature. Tell her that guys respect women that have respect for themselves and tell her you are not trying to hurt her feelings but some of the stuff she is posting is making her look trashy, tell her that if you were a guy and saw her postings that you would find it not attractive but very unattractive and tell her you think she is a bright beautiful individual and she is selling herself short talking about herself in that manner on the internet!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• point blank tell her! I am a straight forward person so i would do that!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Wow, that is a tough one. I would tell her in a kind way, that when people read that, they are going to perceive her as a promiscuous person, even if she is not. Also let her know that even if her profile is private, the things that she says online are not, and she shouldn't say anything there, that she wouldn't want her family to see.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You can't tell her. But you can show her someone else's. Sit down & browse through other people's facebook pages with her. Talk about the girls, like any of us would. "OMG, she's a this, she looks whatever, holy make-up Batman!" Crap like that. Maybe she'll realize that people are perceiving her that way. If it was me & my niece (who I'm constantly keeping in check, just doing my sister's job while she's busy looking in the mirror) I would happen across her page in the mix & say, for example, "That girl sounds like a slut! Oh, this is your page. My bad."
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• She is 17 and she is so bright .She is graduating early , I hinted about it I said you know one day employers migt look at t your facebook
    Of course being young she said that " her personal life had nothing to do with her ability to work"
    She says most of it is all talk that " we just talk that way "
    but I agree with a pp that guys wont respect her I also think they will and have gone out with her in hopes of getting some .
    My husband thinks I should tell her dad but I think that is a breach of trust , If she were preggo or in trouble of course I would tell him
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't tell her Dad. She's 17, it's not going to do any good anyhow. She is done with all the training that she is going to get from her parents. Now it's up to her to be the person that she wants to be. Keep in mind that we were all complete idiots when we were her age. I know I did the stupidest stuff.... we don't listen. We can only see & realize for ourselves.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• She's trying to get attention. She'll have to deal with the consequences of her actions. It'll bite her in the butt eventually.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Straight up, and I believe if she is posting vulgar things such as infering that she is going to have oral sex, they will delete the post and perhaps her account if she is not careful. I don't care if she is the biggest oral sex havin teen on the face of the earth, I sure as hell don't want to read about it on facebook and I don't think many other people do either. Yuck.
    Anonymous

• well no one is deleting it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2010