Hello, I'm in need of a babysitter...any pointers?

My husband and I have no family in Phoenix. So its always a struggle to find someone to watch Logan. We love to be near him and close to him all the time, but sometimes its nice to get some grown-up time. I am a stay-at-home Mommy, so I'm usually in need of adult time more than my Husband is, but still it's nice to do things just him and me. I feel it would probably help our stress level to just relax with no stress from time to time and have a peaceful dinner or just go see a movie some time.

ErinCeep

Asked by ErinCeep at 3:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• http://www.familywatchdog.us/

you can check in on a person to make sure they dont' have a criminal background.
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine recently suggested care.com She said that they do all of the background checks and you can meet with the sitter prior to scheduling a date.  I'm seriously thinking about joining.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• OH! And I'm pretty sure the sitters are required to be CPR certified. Not 100% sure though.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Is your husband close to any of his co-workers that could possibly recommend someone to you? Thats how I got one of my first baby-sitting jobs when I was younger. GL
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Find a local high school or college student who lives very close to you, or an elderly neighbor lady.....You can do background checks on line for a small fee......Always make sure your sitter is cpr and first aide certified and have lots of expieernce with children your kids age...
    my neice who is 12 watchs our son if needed, she is cpr trained and very responsible, but she is never left longer than 3 hours alone with him
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010