What do you think that says about someone who doesn't care to ever have girls?

I've known people who only want boys and I find that really odd. I wonder what deeper meaning there is to it. Do they not like themselves deep down? Do they hate women? What do you think is going on? What's your take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you kldding? You have way too much time on your hands. I have 3 boys, and no way would I want a girl. That says nothing about my self-esteem -- although women are pretty tiresome to deal with. I don't want to deal with a teenage daughter and her dramatics, although I know life with boys won't be problem free. It doesn't "SAY" anything about the person. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

• I think that primarily comes from guys, who want a little boy to play "guys" with and throw a baseball to. I think men just feel they can better relate to a male child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• No, I'm only talking about women who have never had children yet.
    Anonymous

• I think its just ppl want what ppl want, example: I wanted to have a girl because I always have had a best friend type of relationship with my mother always very close with her so I wanted a daughter so I could have that same type of bond with my daughter as I did with my mother, of course I had a boy and am pregnant again with another boy and after this one i am done two is quite enough for me..lol but when I found out the sex of both of mine even though i wanted a girl in the beginning I was still overly joyed when I found out about both of my boys!! its just personal preference thats all!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Maybe they just know what drama girls are. I love my 2 girls, but I'll tell ya, I was hoping that they were boys when I was pregnant. My boy is so much easier. But when people say that like they have a choice, I laugh at them.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't want a girl because I know how they are considering that I was ONE. My parents raised me the same as they did my sister. Iam 20 with a baby, a wonderful husband, my own car and a great life, and I was the rebellious one. My sister is 23 with a criminal record thanks to her husband, she has no car, no job nothing, and her husband is facing 15 more years and prison. While she was with him she shot up because she wanted to know how good it is. There were absolutely no difference between how me and my sister was raised but for some reason we are 2 totally different people. Holly let her friends run her life no matter how hard my parents loved her. I don't want my daughter to grow up to be like her. I can guide my daughter to be the best but in the end its her choice, I don't want her to live her life the way my sister is. I don't want a girl. If I had a girl of course I would love her but I would love to have just boys.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I can understand how people would want to avoid the drama that comes with parenting girls. I hadn't fully considered that as the reason. But yeah, that totally makes sense.
    Anonymous

• My mother only wanted boys, but I think that is was more because she was one of 5 girls, and she loved to do "boy" things like ride motorcycycles, fix cars and other things, and she was a total jock.

She ended up with two fairly prissy girls. I don't think that it says anything about them emotionally, just that they would rather be around one sex more than the other. Needless to say, she was overjoyed to have her grandsons. She calls them "her boys".
    I always wanted one of each or two boys and a girl. We are hoping for pink next time.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I think mostly if women dont want girls they had a boy first! I had a girl and was scared of possibly having a boy! You tend to love your kids no matter what. Also some people see boys as less work. we make girls out to be more breakable and needingore affection even though its not true and parents of boys still give then all the affection they need. It could be they had lots of brother and just like boys OR never had a brother.. Etc etc. I truly believe every one is different so we have different prefferemces

poe-tay-toe. ...poe-tah-toe. :)
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I think that EVERYONE is different, and a woman could not want to have a girl for the simple fact that she doesn't like pink or bows or anything to do with girls. Maybe the girl was raised as a "tom boy" so she thinks she would relate better to having a son.

PS I have a girl and I was TERRIFIED of having a boy because I didn't have a freaking clue what I would do with a boy. Seriously. I am a whole hearted girly girl and I would never want to take a son outside to play in the dirt. To each his (or her) own.
    Anonymous