How do I get my daughter to stay off the table?

I have a little monkey on my hands. She climbs onto everything. I can't get her to stay off the table. I get onto her, but as soon as I put her down she's right back onto the table.

mrscoachodell

Asked by mrscoachodell at 3:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is 15 months & this is her new thing also. It is their nature to explore. Unfortunately, some have no fear! Haha We stash the chairs in the bathroom when we are not using them.
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My dd used to do that... I got tired of telling her no (yes, I know sad...) but we had a wooden coffee table and i would let her climb that. It was falling apart and not even a foot and a half off the ground. Eventually it got old and she didn't care to climb it. She's now 2 and climbs on everything else but tables. She uses the arms on our couch as a slide and everything! I figure, if she falls but won't severely hurt herself, she's ok! As for the kitchen table, she's never tried climbing that one and I always hook the legs of the chair around the legs of the table so she can't pull them out.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Squirt her with a water bottle, that's what I did with my cat and it worked,,,,,,,,,he doesn't go on the table anymore
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 3:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Squirting with a water bottle? Really? That is not something I would do to my child, although I always did it with my cats.
    Anonymous

• Does she know how to push the chairs out? We just have to keep our pushed in at all times or he gets up on the table too... but he hasn't tried to move the chairs.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010