how much weight gain during pregnant

im 34 weeks pregnant this week and i gain about 23 pounds now but a lot of people said my belly so little now i wonder did ur guy always have big belly when u pregnant it 's make me worried that my baby gonna be small

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I gained 24 pounds.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• my belly was small with my first and i had gained 36 lbs. that baby weighed 5'13. my belly was huge with my second, i only gained 20lbs and he was 7'13. if you are having a 36 week ultrasound they can give you an approximate weight and if you go full term baby will probably gain another pound before you deliver. dont worry. good luck :)
    Anonymous

• with my first son i gained 37 pounds and my belly was HUGE i was ALL belly and when he came out he was 9lbs 5.2oz and they told me between my son and the placenta i delivered 15lbs!! Now i am pregnant with my second and i've only gained 17lbs if lucky and my belly is so much smaller than with my first. The pregnancy book i am reading currently states that you can't determine the size of your baby by the size of your belly cuz theres alot of room 'inside' where the baby could be growing to so the belly can be deceiving!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I gained 25 with my first, she was 7 pounds 1 and 1/2 oz.

I gained 27 with my second and she was 8pounds 6 oz.

I gained 8 pounds with my third and he was 6 pounds 9 oz.

25-30 pounds is the average weight Doctors want you to gain unless you are overweight or underweight... Your baby will be fine.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• with my first i only gained 19 pounds. I am now 19 weeks pregnant and i have only gained 2 pounds. But i am also over weight so i am advised not to gain a lot. But im not gaining because my eating habits havent changed this time around. i dont really crave anything but Dr.Pepper, so i dont eat extra or anything Dont worry about having a small baby, they say you gain the most weight you last few weeks of pregnancy anyways, so you might put on more weight soon! But they would tell you if you had something to worry about! every pregnancy is different! dont let anyone scare you! If they were worried they would also send you for an ultra sound to make sure everything was ok! Im sure your fine! I have also known some people who gained a TON of weight and they had small babies. For instance one friend gained 130 pounds!!!! and her son was only 6lbs 5oz and my sis gained like 35lbs and had an alomst 10lb baby! cont....
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• nah don't worry about that at all. lots of people barely show at all and have average sized babies.
    Anonymous

• weight doesnt always mean anything. i just read they are doing a research in cali of women that are obesse to not gain a single pound through their pregnancy and they are having healthy babies! Dont stress yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Wow, I feel like a fatty. I gained 50lbs, probably mostly in my chest. ;) This was my first. I lost most of it within the first 3 months. I only need to lose another 15lbs. My baby was 9lbs 4oz. I also had alot of leg and feet swelling.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• well up until my 7 month only gained 5 pounds eight month 3 more pounds total of 8 pounds then last wk for my 35 wks checkup gained 8 pounds and was having trouble with blood pressure today so i went back and in one week have gained another 10 pounds so 26 so far and have three wks to go. Gained 40 with my last pregnancy due to swelling and its starting again this time around
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010