HPV-genital warts

so my fiance found out he most likely has HPV genital warts on his penis. now i think I may have it but I dont have any warts or any other signs of HPV. But I have been having irregular periods and havent had a period now in a few months... do you know if HPV can cause to have irregular periods or for them to be linked? I am going to the dr next week to get tests done but just wondering if anyone knows? again i do not have any warts or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Health

• If you have been having sex with him and he just found out that he has HPV genital warts, you have HPV. You don't always get warts from someone who has HPV genital warts, but you will always get HPV from them. Sometimes, the warts take a while to show up, but they don't always. Oh and there are no symtoms with HPV. The only way to detect it is a test you get from the docter. Like a pap smear, but they specifically test for HPV.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't know, I'm sorry. FYI though, you could still have HPV and not have physical signs of it.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• ---original poster---

ya i know i could still have it and not have signs of it that is why i am getting tests done next week
    Anonymous

• No, it does not cause irregular periods. it's VERY hard to detect in women.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 3:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It takes a long time for warts to show up on a woman. A dr would tell you immediately if it was a wart or papules. Papules look like warts.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010