I can't get my two year old to nap anymore. He will hang out for 2 plus hours. Is nap time over for me? What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I see my future very soon. MY son stopped taking 2 naps at 13 months.. purely his own choice, he's 26 months and still takes a nap but I have to go by the clock because I never see signs of him tiring. I have heard of kids this age being done with naps. ugh..IMO I still think the "down time" is good for them at this age, to prevent over stimulation and over tiredness.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Funny, my DD is the same. She doesn't nap anymore at home. She does however at the babysitter's because all the little one's ly down then.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My dd stopped taking naps altogether at about 21 mos... the ONLY way I have been able to get her to nap is when I wake her up at 6 AM and put her to bed at 8 PM! That's a long day to keep a toddler awake so I just leave out her naps. I miss that hour or two I USED to get! I still do a down time with her... that seems to be her "nap" just sitting somewhere for 15-30 mins.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2010