Has anyone experienced light bleeding and NOT had a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage 3 months ago, so I am really worried. I am 6 weeks along and yesterday I had some light red bleeding for about 2 hours. I haven't had anything since. I do have some light cramping, but I don't feel like it is more intense than the cramping I know you can have during early pregnancy anyway and I haven't lost any pregnancy symptoms. I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I know that no one can tell me if I am having a miscarriage or not, I am just looking for a little hope. Has anyone ever experienced som light bleeding early on only to go on to deliver a healthy baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Subchorionic bleed:; Subchrorionic bleeding occurs when there is an accumulation of blood under the chorion (the outer fetal membrane, next to the placenta) or between the uterus and the placenta itself. It can cause light to heavy spotting but doesn't always (sometimes it is only detected during a routine ultrasound) Most Subchrorionic bleeds resolve on their own and do not end up being a problem for the pregnancy. Spotting is as variable in a normal pregnancy as it is common. Some women spot on and off for their entire pregnancies. other women spot for just a day or two-and others for several weeks. some women notice mucousy brown or pink spotting; others see small amounts of bright red blood. But happily most women who experience any kind of spotting continue to have completely normal and healthy pregnancies and end up delivering perfectly healthy babies. Which means that there is probably nothing for you to worry aboutcont
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I had some bleeding for the first couple months of second pregnancy, my doctor gave me shots to keep pregnancy going to full term, because my first had very early. I would keep up with the doctor on what is going on.
    Anonymous

• I did have light bleeding a few times with my son. HOWEVER... I would call your dr anyways. Especially with a history of miscarriage. When I started spotting my dr took me OFF of work for 4 weeks just to be safe. After that I was on light duty throughout the duration of my pregnancy. This is only because of my history of miscarriage. And so you know, my son was born perfectly healthy and remains that way up to now! Almost 3 years later.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• cont........... (though realistically that doesn't mean that naturally you will not stop worrying) for extra reassurance put in a call to your doctor(but no need to call immediatly unless you are noticing spotting accompanied by craming or bright red, soak through a pad bleeding) who will likely order an ultrasound. If you are past the sixth week, you'll probably be able to see your baby's heartbeat during the ultrasound which will reassure you that your pregnancy is progressing along just fine even with the spotting. I quote this out of the what to expect when your expecting book for pregnancy, I never had this happen to me personally but i read about it and wanted to share it with you i hope it helped. Good Luck.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I bled very lightly at about 6 weeks, then started again at 14 weeks; it was pretty heavy. We found out I had a low-lying placenta, which turned into full-blown placenta previa later in the pregnancy. I had my son by emergency C at 34 weeks. He is a gorgeous, healthy 2 year old now.

Not all bleeding is "bad," but you have to make sure your doctor is aware and you are being monitored (if it continues). Best of luck.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I had some light bleeding at around 9 weeks. I'm now 14 weeks and according to the ultrasound, things look good.

Answer by missanc at 4:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I actually had fairly heavy bleeding off and on throughout the first trimester. My bleeding was due to low progesterone levels. I took progesterone shots until 11 1/2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have bleeding myself... My best friend is is 15 weeks behind me... She found out she was pregnant at about 4 weeks, and than had some light bleeding and went to the hospital... and she didn't miscarry at all... They aren't even sure why she had bleeding.. It just stopped after like a week...

I'm sorry about your miscarriage! I miscarried right before this pregnancy... and than found out I was pregnant 4 weeks later... Good luck hon!! Keep us updated on what happens.
    Anonymous

• I had a subchorionic hematoma with two of my three kids- it caused heavy first tri bleeding. Then with one of my kids I went on to have second tri bleeding as well because my placenta was low and a corner of it separated from the wall of the uterus. Both babies arrived safe and sound, although I had a lot of restrictions placed on me with the second one. It scared the life out of me too because I also had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy, but spotting can be really common and nothing that threatens the baby. HTH and lots of luck to you!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I had a bit with my first baby and we didnt lose him.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010