Tax return question.

Last year I had a part time job. I made 4,800 for the tax year. I filed taxes and claimed my son. I got back 4,000 bucks. This is year I will be filing jointly married. I only had a job for a little while but it was full time so lets just say I made 5,000. My husband has been in the Army since May bringing home including BAh about 3,000 a month. We wont owe anything but how much money do you think we will get back? I dont have my w-2 yet and my husbands wont be avaliable until the 20th.

armywife2009101

Asked by armywife2009101 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• there is no way to tell that...are there any 1099s, investments, dividends, mortgage or real estate interest paid. Did you buy a new vehicle or home last year , those are both deductions, how many kids, exemptions, and are you guys going to itemize or take the standard deduction? What about education or child care expense, there are lifetime education that you don't have to be enrolled in full time to take advantage of.
    Talk to a tax professional, they can give you ideas on all of the new "tax breaks" that you can get.
    Good Luck!
    (when I interview someone I ask ALL of the questions wether I know the person or not, they may not know of a break or exemption until it is brought up)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• no clue.
    Anonymous

• This isnt 100% but will give you an idea

http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2010