My laminate wood floor is dull.

When I mop my laminate wood floor it looks dull. I use Murphy Oil soap, is that the problem and what should I be using?

meandmyshadow

Asked by meandmyshadow at 4:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try Johnson's Paste Wax. It works well, but it doesn't give a shiny shine.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• you should try using a mixture of vinegar and water..i forget the ratio...i usually add about a cup of vinegar to my pail of water...also, you want to rinserinserinse the mop afterward, before you hang it out to dry.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yep, that's the problem. Stop using the murphy's oil soap b/c the oil soap just attracts more dirt and it shouldn't be used on laminate floors anyway, only real hardwood floors. Instead, try a 50/50 mix of white vinegar & plain water, then wipe dry the floors. Your floors should perk up in no time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2010