Potty Training??

My son is 17 months old and for the past month or so he has wanted to go with us to the potty so we take him. The first week he just played with his bath toys and then left with us but about 3 weeks ago he started wanting to sit on the potty to so I left his diaper on and would sit him on the potty for a few minutes and then he wanted to get down and flush(I then make him wash his hands to start the process) and then he leaves so we do this everytime me or his daddy go to the bathroom.. Well the other morning he was running around the house while I got ready and got himself up there and got stuck he isnt afraid of the potty but I was thinking it may be time to get him his own potty seat so he doent get stuck anymore. Would that be pushing him? I dont want to make the process any harder then it has to be so I thought I would ask what other moms would do in this situatin

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest potty trained herself at 18 months, so I think he seems ready, go for it! The sooner the better just don't push to much. Good Luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 4:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• why dont you get one of those childrens toilet seat that sits on top of the big toilet?
    Anonymous

• Im willing to get anything I just dont want him stuck in the potty again lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Honestly, if he isn't scared of the big potty, I'd just put him on a potty seat. My 16 month old does fine sitting on it. She likes to hold the handles on the side and unroll the toilet paper. She poops in the potty, nothing else, but hey, I'm fine with that!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2010