my hair is falling? help...

not alot but still enough to be noticable when i pick up my hair in a pony tail... i wen tto the dr. for it last year and he didnt give me a answer he just gave me vitamins which im taking daily for a year sooo im worried i always have to have my hair down... but i dont have any insurance to go back to my dr... again to check... so any opinions or anyon eknow whhy your hair could be falling off...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Health

• i know it could be stress ,low iron
    Anonymous

• are you pregnant? I lost alot of hair during this time ALOT!! If not pregnant look into alepecia(SP?) that causes moderate to severe hair loss
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Mine gets thinner if I dont eat enough protein....Stress can bring it on too, as well as wearing a ponytail too often.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My daughter's hair was falling out. It turned out her thyroid was underactive, and that can make hair fall out. I don't have insurance either, but I have to get my thryroid checked. It's only about $11 every 6 weeks for the blood test at the clinic. Find one. Get it checked. Her thyroid is regular now and her hair is growing back in. She had gigantic bald spots. I hope you fix it before you get gigantic bald spots too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• note on previous post: Alopecia doesn't cause hair loss. It means hair loss. It describes the hair loss you have. Nobody knows what causes alopecia, so they don't know how to fix it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• ok thanx i was starting to think it might be cancer or something deadly!
    Anonymous

• Take some viatmins with biotin or take the ones from Walmart that is what I am using its for "Hair, Nails and Skin" it is in a purple box 3X aday. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010