Newly divorced (2 weeks) and ALL communication has stopped.

I divorced my husband over his cheating ways, not alot of contact with our 2 children (ages 13 & 16) before the divorce was final, now all communication has ceased. I'm upset that my ex is totally ignoring our children, any suggestions?

Thank you '-)

Futuregirlzone

Asked by Futuregirlzone at 4:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeap. Let him be. Obviously there are tons of hurt feelings and anger on both parts, and I do not suggest contacting him to make it worse. Your kids are old enough to contact their own father.

It is not your job to make their father be there for them, so dont act like it is anymore.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a way to contact him?? If so let him know that it's hard enough on kids when their mom and dads get divorced and you understand that you and him are done and over with, but not to ignore your kids tell him that their little hearts are breaking because they feel that he don't want nothing to do with them. See what type of response you get out of him. He needs to know he is effecting his kids in a negative way and some guys are so blind to things you gotta practically write it down for them to understand either that or beat it in their heads, some guys I tell ya. jeez. but communication is key and I hope you get the results you are looking for good luck
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Tell the kids to contact him if they want to talk to him but you stay out of it. Maybe they can email him or txt him. They need to stay in contact but he's probably avoiding you.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ohh well. That is his loss.
    It might be harsh, cruel, and selfish of him, but that is his choice. He's a dirtbag.
    Just take care of your children and be there for them. You/Children don't need him if he doesn't need you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Completely agree with admckenzie. Dont contact him. He isnt your responsibility anymore. Your kids can handle it on their own. He probably wants nothing to do with you. After all, he did cheat on you.

Back off.
    Anonymous