Changed baby from soy to gentlease.. Now his poopy is green.. Is this a lactose allergy or normal?

Baby has been on similac soy... He was put on it from the get go at the hospital. We never knew for sure if he had a lactose allergy they put him on it as a precaution cause im severely lactose intolerant. WIC only offers Enfamil prosobee and my baby refuses it. He will only take the similac soy. So the next best thing WIC offers is gentlease.. We have him on half gentlease and half similac soy to get him used to the Gentlease but now his poopy is green and it never had been before.. Could this be a lactose problem or do you think its normal cause we changed his formula? Also it seems he only poops on this new half and half formula when I give him breastmilk(I only make a tiny bit so I need to supplement).. I could be overreacting im just not sure???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, dear. You've been through the wringer. That is indeed a dairy issue and will probably go away with dumping the Gentlease.

You are likely going to find you have to buy your own formula, I fear, if he won't take what WIC offers.

And at the risk of getting clobbered...you COULD look into breastfeeding if you are interested...WIC has a whole different program for nursing moms that can really help. *IF* you are intersted, please drop by the breastfeeding moms group for help. If not...that's fine. Just putting it out there...never too late till you've had a double mastectomy.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Green poop is a sign of high iron in the diet, is he constipated?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2010