Sun exposure while pregnant? Is it ok?

I am kinda nervous about my tan this summer. Is it ok to tan as long as I wear sun block? I am going to ask my Dr. But I was just curious. Also, not a fan of the fake tan! Thanks!

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• as long as you aren't overheating it's good for you!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Never fake tan while pregnany anyhow.

Yes, you are okay to tan as long as you cover yourself in a high SPF. Do not stay out too long as that will start raising your core temprature. However, you can go out and soak up that sun.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Well, it's never really healthy to tan but it's okay to be out in the sun as long as you aren't overheated.

Answer by missanc at 5:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• yeah, but as the others said, stay hydrated. Use the highest SPF you can find! BEWARE, pregnancy + sun=sunburn. Something about the hormones make you burn easier. My friend who never burned a day in her life got a sunburn so bad while pregnant even her eyelids were burned!!! Bad too. Another friend I know burned really bad at the beach, and found out a month later she was like 2 months along!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010