My dr says Im due april 14 but dates say april 9

I know for sure that my LMP was July 1,2009 bc we was goin to my grandmother's house for 4th of july and i started.. So that would put my due date as April 9.. But im measuring to b due around april 14. my ultrasound said april 9th to. but my dr STILL says april 14,, so am i 26 weeks or 28 weeks pregnant,,, idk what to say when someone ask me how far along i am.. lol. i feel dumb!!!!

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is only 5 days difference in the dates. don't worry about it.

why you are asking 26 or 28 weeks confuses me... 5 days would not make a 2 week difference.

Anonymous

• I'm in EXACTLY the same position. Same LMP, same due dates. Go by the US measurements, they tend to be more accurate when done early. Plus it gives you a little extra cushion. It's better for the doc to think you're not as far along as you are.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 5:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I always disagreed with my doctor too. I know when I get my period. I know when I have sex. I always went with what I knew my due date was. It only became an issue when the doc needed to schedule my c-section and I said I was further along than he said.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• They are just estimates anyway. My doctor said I was due on the 11th, my dates said the 6th. Jett was born on the 4th, so I think my dates were right, but who's to know. When people ask you, you can either change your due date to coincide with your own dates, or just say what the doctor has told you, because really, it's not going to matter, the baby will come when he comes. Also, your dates could be a bit off because not everyone ovulates at the same point in their cycle.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Go by your LMP. Ultrasounds at this stage aren't that accurate. Either way, due dates are a bogus joke anyway.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• 5 days difference is normal because it's all just a guess. going from you LMP isn't 100% accurate because you don't necessarily ovulate 14 days after your period starts. it could have been later than that and that would be totally normal. the ultrasound guesses aren't so great either. personally i would go by the later date because i just think it's always best to go with the later due date. ;)
    Anonymous