ok I live at home with my parents, my son doesn't listen 2 me cause my mom always butt in. my question is what do I say to her?

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 5:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Unfortunately, chances are nothing you say to her will do much good. I'd sit down and talk to her and say that you feel because she steps in that your son is not listening, but because you live in her house, she may just brush you off.

Best of luck.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• one person at a time kid goes to time out and mom i am trying to handle the situation can you please back off! good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Be straight forward but respectful. You are living in her house. let her know you feel belittled and disrespected when she steps over you when it comes to YOUR son. Tell her you understand she thinks she ishelping, but she is causing issues for you and your child, that willlast a lifetime.
    heathersarge

Answer by heathersarge at 6:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My MIL lives with us and she pulls this crap. I f------- hate it!!
    Anonymous

• Is it her house? If so...oh well. Her house, her rules.
    Anonymous

• As long as you are living with your mom. She will almost instinctively butt in. It's a small child in her home, being raised in her home living in her home.. She's most likely just going to butt in without even really thinking about it.
    Anonymous

• Oh maybe you could get your own place so there won't be anyone interfering. I would.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• same thing i say to hubby sometimes, mom leave her alone ur just gonna make it worse.i got it!
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am thinking it would only be fair to get along with your MOM because she IS letting you stay with her. I am guessing you are a young single Mom with no job and can't afford to get your own place. SO...be very grateful and don't even worry about her "butting in",. You should be thanking her every day that she is bailing you out.
    Anonymous

• move out. It is the only way to solve this.
    Anonymous