At what age is it safe for a child to have a blanket in their crib?

My DD a year old next month, is it safe for her to have a blanket in her crib?

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 5:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter always had a blanket in her crib. i believe at 6 months tho. thats when the reflex is in place to move if they cant breathe.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• she should be perfectly fine! heck, she was probably be fine to have one at like 3-4 months when she started scooting around in the crib.
    Anonymous

• about 6 months, but the blanket still needs to be below their chest and tucked under.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My kids have always had a blanket.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• once my dd wouldn't swaddle anymore (around 3 months) I would put a blanket on her sometimes, I would also use a sleep sack. I think as long as it's not a big heavy blanket the baby will be fine, use a sleep sack though if you're nervous about it.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i've always had a blanket in my sons crib i put it under his arms that way he wont pull it up but he has always had that reflex to move his face if he couldnt breath not to mention i dont use heavy blankets .. he's never even pulled anything into his face he's almost 4 months now..
    Anonymous

• I had a child die of SIDS, so I am over protective about this. My baby now doesnt sleep with anything inside the crib AND sleeps in just a diaper. It works perfectly fine and my child sleeps well.
    Anonymous