should i still be in pain?

I had a tubal done on monday! An I'm still in a lot of pain. An my stomach is still swollen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you have it done right after giving birth? Also did they use the gas to move everything out of the way? If so it will take time for the gas to go away and the pain. The swelling is normal if they used the gas.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• No I had my baby 3 months ago. Yes they used gas. This pain is worse than the pain after I had my kids. Everyone that I know had a tubal they say that they didn't hurt.
    Anonymous

• The gas is painful,because it is not a type of gas you can pass, it must work its self out. moving will help and the swelling is from the gas also. Did they give you pain meds? Did everyone you know have the tubal right after giving birth? This could be why the pain is different for you. I had my tubal a few hours after the birth of my son and they did not use the gas on me so I only had normal post baby pain and some soreness in the belly button area. Call you Dr if you are concerned. They may have other suggestions for you.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• They gave me darvocet it wasn't helping. So hubby called an they gave me percocet that's not really helping either.
    Anonymous