Dreaming of Ex. What To Do?

I've been married going on 8 years, and all of a sudden for the past 3 days I've been dreaming of an old ex boyfriend. We broke up in 1998, but are still friends, though we live in different states now. I've not felt anything romantic for the ex in over a decade, so I'm confused as to why this is happening now. But most of all, I feel so darn guilty about it, and feel like I am cheating on my husband in some weird way. Should I tell either of them about the dreams or not? Anyone else been in this situation before? What did you do about it? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Your brain pulls up random thoughts that have been stored and throws them together while you are sleeping. It does not mean anything so you can drop the guilt.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I would just keep it to myself or you will start a war with your dh and maybe make your ex wonder what if...I agree with what admckenzie said...dreams don't mean anything you just have them. Maybe subconciously you are saying I wonder what would have become of us...hmmm?
    Anonymous

• There is wisdom in these two posts already recorded. Perhaps these day dreams are asking you to pay attention to something you need from your relationship that your spouse can provide. It is normal to have day dreams about former boyfriend , lovers, movie stars --whoever. if you find yourself living in these fantasies, there may be a reason that you are not aware of. What might it be?

WiseCrone

Answer by WiseCrone at 7:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2010