how do you keep everyone happy in your home and have a full time job and be a mom?

i work all day and have to pick up my kids and go home to cook keep the house clean what do i do? on my days off i just want to rest but my husband thinks i can do every thing what do i do?

ambermarie141

Asked by ambermarie141 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i dont really thinks it possible. moms have so many demands to meet everyday. i suggest staying focused on your kids and husband. keep the house straightened, but dont feel the need to deep clean all the time. and if your hubby wants it that way, tell him to help you. when i was a stay at home mom, my house was picture perfect magazine clean every day. but now that im back to work, the house takes the back seat on my list of priorities. my SO has learned to deal with my minor imperfections.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Your job is not to make anyone happy. Your job is to keep everyone healthy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I keep everyone happy because my DH picks up 50% of the load. We both work FT, and we BOTH come home and tend to our DD and handle dinner, and whatever household things need to be done. No one is expected to do any more than anyone else around here.
    Anonymous

• We just deal. If the dishes don't get done after dinner they get done the next day. It isn't the end of the world. If the laundry isn't put away it isn't the end of world. If he wants it done he needs to help.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• A single person cannot make everyone in the family happy. If things have to go undone for a little bit, then so be it. As long as the house isn't filthy, then it's ok for it to be a little messy.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• What does your husband do when you guys are at home? I work full time too but i dont expect a perfect home, i do expect my husband to do his share of the housework and to raise our kids together.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have accepted that my house will never be spotless, dinner will not be home made every night and that dirty laundry will always be taking over my basement/laundry room. I can only do what I can do and if the rest of the family isn't happy about it they are welcome to pitch in at any time now...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I went on strike for about a month, only washing what was needed, making easy dinners and not cleaning up what wasn't necessary for sanitary reasons. lol. My 7 year old and my husband now pitch in daily.
    Anonymous