My 5 month old is very attached to me, How can I get a break and have him feel more comfortable around others?

He gets upset even if his father holds him. I have to be in the same room or within touching distance. I am a stay at home mother and do not have family where I live.

ConnorMonster

Asked by ConnorMonster at 6:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is very normal, and a sign of how well bonded the two of you are.
    Your son might be more comfortable with others if your scent is around. Sleep in a shirt of your husband's and then have him wear it when he holds the baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• my daughter is the same way with me at seven months old i am a stay at home mom so she is about the same as your child he is just used to you hopefully they grow out of it but for right now i am just dealing with it i love my daughter but come on we need some us time right lol every one says your ganna miss that when they get older lol i prolly will
    millerchic

Answer by millerchic at 6:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• does the father ever bath the baby? feed he baby,have him do those things so baby knows that he is a sorce of comfort also.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010