Still sore (TMI)

I asked over in health and no one is responding....

My daughter was born almost 2 years ago. I tore pretty bad, 4 stitches, well when ever I have my periods I'm really sore down there, like it was right after I had her. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 4 stitches is not bad AT ALL, so I don't know why you would be hurting. Talk to an OBGYN :)
    Anonymous

• I don't think so, My son is 10 months old and I had 30 stitches and now I don't feel anything. I would go to the obgyn and get a check up just to make sure that everything is okay.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't have any health care at the moment. It was me or my daughter and since she has medical issues....

The dr said it was pretty bad. He also told me in the last 12 years he's delivered babies he's never had anyone "pop"
    Anonymous

• "4 stitches is not bad AT ALL, so I don't know why you would be hurting." What? That's so dumb to assume that the amount of stitches grants the amount of pain she should feel. I had only one stich with my first born but I tore in a places they could not stitch (right under my clit) And I swelled up so bad that it looked like I had elephantitis of the vagina. She was in the birth canal for two hours so not only was I extremely sore but exhausted.
    But 2 years later you're still having pain I would say no that's not normal and you should see an OBGYN. Perhaps you have endometriosis or some other disorder.
    Anonymous

• go to the er,they will just bill u.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have kinda the same problem I didn't tare I had an episiotomy with my son but when I have a period I would hurt like I did right after I had him and I was really swollen.. So I called my OB and asked and she said that it really wasn't anything to worry about as long as the pain didn't bother me (which it doesn't really it's just really annoying) but that it was mainly caused because you spend all month with your body thinking your pregnant and then you have your period so the hormone change which causes the reaction.. If it bothers you you should be able to go to the health department in your city and talk to a doctor for free and worst comes to worst call your OB they wont charge you for a phone call and see what they say to do for it.. I know it's a pain in the butt but I've found Ibuprofen seems to help mine so you coul try that
    Anonymous