being a stay at home mom is exhausting

my husband is a truck driver and isn't able to be home much and it's just me n my seven month old in this house all day n night i don't want to take her out cause it's cold and i don't want her to catch anything on the weekends we usally go out local but i swear somedays i just wanna scream i love my daughter but come on all u stay at home moms or moms period know what i am talking about how do some of u moms get through the week with out goin crazy i am currently looking for a weekend job fworking as a LPN but it's hard right now job shortage grrrrrr i think it's harder cause some days i feel like i am raising my child myself don't get me wrong my husband is a really good father but his job is demanding any thoughts ladies

millerchic

Asked by millerchic at 6:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Heh heh. I work two jobs...but I worked harder during my vacation than I do in EITHER of my jobs.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It's the hardest job you will ever do! ~ Two things that helped me get through when my kids were small....joining a gym with a daycare and a weekly moms group. Sometimes I would just go to the gym so I could take a shower BY MYSELF!!! heehee
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am a SAHM... Fiance just doesnt understand when he goes to work at least he gets a break from these walls.... UGH! But I love my job and wouldnt change it for the world.
    Anonymous

• LOL! It's definitely not easy. I have a 2 year old and 10 month old. My DH works a lot too. I too feel like a single Mom sometimes. Perhaps you can try to join a playgroup when it gets warmer. My 2 year old just started a Mommy & Me class yesterday. I must say that I wish I did it sooner. We both had a great time. I can't wait for next week. I also look forward to getting my nails and eyebrows done every couple weeks. I also wanted to let you know that I work from home and I can help you work from home if you're interested. I have a lot of fun doing it! Check out my website if you're interested. www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I can only agree with you. I have a class of 24 third graders and my day runs smoothly and often more quietly than my life at home. I love my 3 kids, but it is a different dynamic. At work, I am the teacher and have other adults to talk to. At home I'm mom and do it all!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It is brutal. I agree about the gym with a daycare or getting some sort of break. It is TOUGH.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Some women go back to work because its easier than being a full time mom.

Just going out in the cold doesn't make babies sick, germs make babies sick. You can go outside, go for car rides, go to places that are low risk for the baby getting sick, that sort of thing. My children and now my grandson all have immune deficiencies and I learned to balance getting out with illness risk. Church, movies, shopping, hospitals, the doctor's, and anywhere there are crowds are all high risk. You can go shopping when no one is there.

If your baby is breastfed you don't have to be as careful. Your milk will offer your baby protection. You can wear your baby in a sling when you are out to keep people away from the baby.

For most moms the first year is the hardest to adjust. It may be harder or it may be easier without your husband there. There are advantages both ways.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It sounds like you're missing a social crowd. You need to get out and be with other people where your baby is as welcome as you are.

Look for notices and ads for local mom's groups. Got to mom's coffee mornings or to mom and baby exercise classes. Go to senior's centres because those little old folks are great to talk to, lonely and love kids. Go to the family swims. Go to the park even though it's cold... you live where you live, you can't spend half the year in the house on the basis of the weather. Even babies need fresh air. Icelandic babies sleep outside a portion of every day...

Go where people are, and talk to them. Ask questions about their lives if you feel you have nothing you want to tell them, find out about who they are and what they think is important. Soon, you'll find you gravitate to locations and people that are fun and rewarding, even if their lives look very different.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i know how you feel my husband works alot and i dont get out very much at all since he takes the car to work anyways but i dont have any friends that live around me and i dont have any extra money to go to a gym or anything else that cost money car rides are expensive too has anyone seen the price of gas? even on my husbands days off he takes naps and im still watching the baby he understands how hard it is most days and my baby is only 3 and a half months it's just crazyness it would be nice to have friends that lived closer and could come over even with their kids just to hang out but thats not happening ( kinda hard to meet new people when you never leave ) im online alot lol and try to take it hr by hr day by day
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I get you completely... I have found making a phone call to a friend to talk for 30 minutes while your baby plays or naps can do a world of wonders.. My best friend and I swap one week I go to her house for a play date and the next she comes to mine.. It's nice to have someone there and it gets you and your baby a change of place.. My son drives me nuts durring the winter because he get sick easy so going out more then needed is out of the question or it means a hospital stay.. One thing to try and remember is you may feel cooped up but so does your LO which makes it even worse.. These things have worked for us they might help you too
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010