any idea what could be causing my 4mo face to break out in rashes/bumps?

it's been coming and going for a few days...it'll clear up a lot, and then suddenly there's red rashes on her face.

shepard.lilley

Asked by shepard.lilley at 6:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know what it looks like but my son had a rash on his face and chest when he was that age...It was from milk...He was a spitter and he would soak his bibs and shirts and then his skin would break out, the doctor gave him hydrocortisone cream and it cleared right up.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• That happened to my daughter. Turned out it was a reaction to my mom's perfume!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Eczema- dry sensitive skin. Some people are more pron then others myself and oldest daughter have it. It gets really red and can even get a little scaly. It turns really red for us because of fair skin. But to be safe you may want to see a doc.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 6:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It can be normal 'baby acne' that isn't treated. Usually babies get it when they are younger but they can get it when they are a few months old. Eczema usually wouldn't be described as bumps.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Maybe not but I have it and so does my daughter and it is in bumps.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 7:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• yea i dont know what it looks like but my son was getting what i thought was baby acne but really bad pimples on his chin turns out it's a minor staph infection and we got a cream to put on it 3 times a day i dont know how well it works because i just got it today but if your worried or anything about it take her to the doc cant hurt and they can tell you exactly what it is or isnt
    Anonymous

• Here's a pic for reference :)

Photobucket
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It looks like baby acne to me. Its harmless and will go away by itself...just dont pick at it!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• could be wind burn if her face isnt coverd when u carry her out. also when u feed her do u wipe the food away right away? use A & D ointment
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• my son had something like that and it was from the wash clothes I was using. started using papertowels and it went away with in a week. good luck mama
    Anonymous