Why do people say pregnant women are glowing?

I never see the glow! People always look miserable to me.

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Personally, I think it's the sweat, heh. I never felt glowing, that's for sure. But apparently for some women, the increased blood flow makes them look healthier and "glowing". I have yet to meet one of those women though.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• With my first I was glowing. I was as happy as can be and had the clearest most perfect complexion, the only "symptom" I had was a perfectly round pregnant belly.

Number 2 was a completely different story *sigh*
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• yea i dont get that either the farther i got into my pregnancy the worse looking i got i got terrible acne ( which has yet to go away completely 3 months after ) but i guess some women do look better during but it wasnt me!
    Anonymous

• I think I had my moments! My first one was the best (don't tell him that!) because I was so excited and everything was so new. But I can agree withthe glowing being my sweat covered face! I always sweat way more when I am pregnant!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 9:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• The day that I conceived, my husband kept telling me that I was glowing (we had no idea that I was pregnant)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2010