A funny thing happened in the store the other day. So this young (20 yrs) girl almost runs into me, doesn't say sorry and looks at me like she's irritated and like I'm this frumpy parent carrying my Danimals and milk.

I was so offput by her rudeness and her inability to conceal the look on her face. This look of "I will never be like that!" But I had to laugh. I am a frumpy Mom on weekdays in a bulky ski jacket and tennis shoes. No makeup and running errands before picking up the kids after a workout at the gym. When I dress up, I look pretty darn good though. I don't have the energy to look pretty every day and I thought, one day honey, you'll probably skip the makeup and hair like the rest of us 40 somethings! Has this ever happened to you? We all get OLD!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol I'm 20 something and skip the hair & makeup- thats what almost 9 years of motherhood will do for you... I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with being 'old'.

I know what you mean though- happens frequently and I find it almost entertaining, because I KNOW what she;ll look like in another 10 years. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ive had people do rude stuff like that. My favorite one is when I hold the door open for them and they dont say thank you or hey. That pisses me off. So, I just yell at them on what they should have said. like "THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR" or "IM SORRY THAT YOU RAN INTO ME". CHildish? very but it makes me feel better.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm 23 and I skip the hair and makeup all the time! I have ONE child who's 2 and am a SAHM... and I get horrible looks from people of every age! I get the "she's that young and has a baby?!" looks or the "I look so much better than her" looks from the same kind of people you do! Seriously.... I used to think it but BOY did I learn quick!!! LOL She sure will too!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't care what others think of me or my looks. I like me. If they have an issue then it's their issue. I'd just keep shopping.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If people don't want to see me in sweats and tennis shoes, you have to come to school. When I'm not working, I'm in comfortable clothes.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• AUGHHH I hate it when people bump into me and act like it's my fault. I would've fought hard to not scream "FUCK OFF!"

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 21 and I try really hard to watch where I'm going..plus I'm a "frumpy" mom too ;D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Oh these answers make me feel better! You are all my best answer! Thanks you guys!
    Anonymous

• Haha I see all the lil girls with their noses in the air at the supermarket, I'm pushing that huge cart with a car on the front chatting away with my two year old, making silly faces at my newborn, hell I probably look like a train wreck--I don't know because I really don't think to look in the mirror while I'm chasing the two and soothing the new as we make it out the door! :) I think I thought that way once.... but that was yearsandyears before I had thought of having children. So it doesn't really bother me either.. I just think they'll be here one day, I had my time in their shoes, they'll be in mine. :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Well I am 40 something too and I get that alot from people of all ages. Me I just think to myself "well atleast I know I am real but are you"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2010