Why does your child behave better for one parent and not so good for the other one?

My son is not so nice to his mom. He is all was throwing fits and and being bad for her. Then when I get home he is a sweet as can be it makes no since

monky2

Asked by monky2 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Either you don't permit unpleasant behavior and she does, or you provide attention and she doesn't. You are also a diversion.

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• This is a place for moms. Dads are prohibited. Sorry.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• im not a dad my girl and i have been raising him and we are stuck in a rough spot and i need some help
    monky2

Answer by monky2 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• my DH was deployed and in Iraq for 15 mos of dd's life. He got home and became a new face! She listens to EVERYTHING he asks her to do but when I say it, she gives me an evil grin! I think it is because they know what buttons they can push on one parent and are learning the other one! It was the same thing with my parents, we never listened to my mother very well, but as soon as daddy came home it was a WHOLE other story! My dd is 2 btw, and DH has been home for 3 mos now.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• well i work 8 hours a day from 6:30-2:30 monday-friday and she works tuesday and wednesday swing from 2:30-10:30 and he is a brat all day until i come home he will trun it around for the most part or if its tues or wed night it just me and him at home and he is really good for me help
    monky2

Answer by monky2 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010