Private/parish Catholic Schools.

We will be moving next year. I am looking at the different schools in Omaha but I am confused. What is the difference between a private and parish school what is a corporate highschool?
This is what the website says
31 parish schools Grades K-8
1 private school Grades 4-8
4 corporation high schools
5 private high schools
1 special needs K-12

If there are any Catholic moms from or in Omaha I could use your help.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 7:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here is the link I got the information

Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 7:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am starting to think there are no Catholics in Omaha :)
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Well, I'm originally from Lincoln, so I'm not sure I can help too much. All of that stuff sounds weird to me. I'm not sure if my husband knows about this or not. He had some college friends that were from Omaha. When he gets home, I'll ask him. In Lincoln you are only allowed to go to the parish in your neighborhood and therefore can only attend that school, unless another school has room, and there was only one high school so we didn't have all that corporate high school stuff. I'll ask dh and see what I can find out for you. I did know a person in college that went to Skutt and one that went to Roncalli for high school but I haven't talked to them in years...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

•  I went to a parish school and what it is, is the school also has the church with it. Catholic school. A corporation school is, well, I cant even imagine WHAT that is.

Anonymous

• Answered at 8:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 by:

* Kattykitten

Katty...
    I am starting to think there are no Catholics in Omaha :)

Then move to Lincoln! To get any Catholic-er...you'd have to move to Rome!! lol

But seriously, the Omaha Arch-Diocese is one of the most liberal in the nation...while the Lincoln Diocese is the most conservative. (I've lived in Lincoln all my life.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

•  Parish school also have a church attached that the community uses as its local church.  Private school is only the school they may have a Chapel but no large church. Corporate schools are schools run by a board of directors or another larger organization. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2010