how do I tell my DH his thingy stinks! TMI

dh works about 14 hrs a day. he takes a shower one time and thats usually at night. he is uncircumcised (im not starting a debate about circumcision just giving facts). after he takes a shower when we are about to have sex i smell the odor. it smells so strong it almost smells like fish. I send him back into the bathroom often and even then the smell isnt completely gone. hes is STD free, dont have diabetes or anything medical I can think of. its getting really annoying because I only have sex with him after he takes a shower. Im not sure if hes washing it right or what. He asks for oral sex often and I have always turned him down cause the thought turns my stomach. When we do have sex, i make him get up and clean himself. he hints around being spontaneous with our sex life, but I just cant come out a say the reason we are not spontaneous is becuz you dont know how to wash your junk. please help, i dont wanna hurt his feelings

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yah it IS TMI. Please refrain from making me want to barf . This should not even be posted. Grrrrr/
    Anonymous

• i said tmi for a reason, if you are easily susceptible to barfing then dont open the post. Grrrrr/
    Anonymous

• well with my hubby he isnt circumsized either and it was like that too... so i told him straight out that his thing stinks and he needs to learn how to wash it! lol but i have always been staight forward with him and everyone.... but maybe you should tell him next time he wants oral that you dont mean to hurt his feelings or anything like that but that his penis stinks and that turns you off a little and that maybe he should try cleaning it properly ... because my hubby didnt know how to clean it properly either thats why it stunk... so then he started cleaning it better and it doesnt smelll sometimes its just that guys think that even after they pee they just shake it and thats all and then when they take a shower they just put a lil soap and rinse it and thats all but i talked to him about it and he understood Good Luck hun
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 7:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i think all you anons shouldnt try to answer if you guys are going to be rude
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 7:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have the same situation with my uncircumsized hubby. He didn't have a mother all the time growing up, and I honestly don't think his dad ever taught him how to properly clean himself. He's not an idiot, he just has no sense of smell (can't smell when he has b.o.). I usually involve a shower in foreplay, but I will ask him to "clean up" if I know he hasn't had a shower recently, and he complies. Sweat and lack of air circulation cause the bacteria that smell, I believe. He is way more sensitive when receiving oral sex because he is uncut, so that's a plus. My son is also uncircumsized and I will make sure he knows how to properly clean himself. And the "sex talk" will include more details on how to keep himself clean for his partner.

In talking to your hubby, be honest but gentle. You don't want to insult him, and there isn't anything he can do to stop the growth of bacteria, because there is no air flow to the area.
    Anonymous

• Make shower time part of play time. Wash it for him so you know it's done correctly and that way he can learn to do it properly.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My son is uncircumcised ;) I think its just like women...we are sort of "closed up" lol so to speak and it gets bad down there if we arent VERY vigilant in cleaning....same with an intact penis.

I might just tell him....and I also like the idea of shower cleaning foreplay.

I wish I knew what it was like to be with a man who was intact....is it nice...lol lol lol......(not in a weird way, just wish I knew)
    Anonymous

• Jeez. My hubby is intact and does not have this problem, thank goodness. Just tell him, or help him out in the shower xD GL!
    Anonymous

• maybe be isn't pulling the skin back all the way when cleaning it? My hubby isn't circumsized, and it doesn't smell at all when he gets out of the shower...he also uses my soap to clean it, which is a great soap btw! if you want to try it, it's the Summer's Eve Feminine Wash(green top, not purple-it's next to the douche in walgreens/walmart, etc) and I think that might help. I can understand what you mean...I'm the exact same way about showers and "clean junk" lol
    Anonymous

• BE HONEST TELL HIM THE TRUTH ....I REALLY THINK THE SHOWER FOREPLAY IDEA IS GREAT !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010