possible water breaking??

ok so i got out of the bath tub today and sat down on my bed and when i sat down i had a warm gush it kind of felt like i peed but i couldnt control it. The spot i left on my bed was about the size of a normal shampoo bottle. My mom smelt it and so did i and there wasnt any smell so i called my doctor and they told me to come in but i was waiting on my bf to get here and then he came here and smelt it and said it smelt like urine so i smelt it again and it smelt like urine so im just wondering what your water smells like when it leaks or breaks? It was just weird cause i have never went through anything like that but my mom said it does happen so i decided not to go into my hospital cause its 50 mins away and i thought it would just be a waist if i was to go up there and find out it was just urine. by the way im 38.2 days prego

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ID honestly go get checked out, My water broke with my son and I didnt even know. When they finally kept me they went to go break my water and well it wasnt there.
    You can also start really paying attention to pains. If you start getting really painful pains go right away.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• NORMALLY when your water breaks it does not stop leaking untill you give birth and the contractions will come within an hr of it happening and they get worse and worse but alot of prengnat women do pee uncontrolably like that sometimes the baby could of kicked your bladder and whoosh ..but they say your water smells sweet i never smelled mine lol but most women will know when it happends kinda hard to ignore..but you should of gone in if you didnt and if you didnt go in tomorrow just to make sure everythings okay
    Anonymous

• well i would just wait. most likely it was urine. if it was your water breaking, that is fine. you will most likely go into labor soon. sometimes it takes longer. you will want to watch for signs of infection though. like if you get a fever, call your OB. gl!
    Anonymous

• It won't smell like urine.
    It might smell like a sweet scent, or maybe nothing.
    The amniotic fluid is completely replaced every few hours, so you could leak & leak & leak...
    If you have a rupture it will normally continue to leak, although it may reseal or have just been through one layer of membrane.

Is it still leaking?
    Any more notice of odor?
    How about color?
    Any other symptoms like a fever, blood, contractions?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yea it was probably pee.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I didn't smell mine. I got up in the morning to pee and my underwear were pretty wet. I peed and when I went to stand up, I was still leaking so I knew it wasn't pee.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010