Help quickly, heartburn really bad, no relief.

Hey all this morning I woke up with a really bad heart burn (not prego if that helps) I've taken Zantac, Prilosec, and nothing is helping it's so bad that my stomach is burning and rumbling, and I feel like I have to throw up and wish that I could, maybe I could get rid of this damn thing. Any help would be greatly appericated.

Thanks ladies.Hey all this morning I woke up with a really bad heart burn (not prego if that helps) I've taken Zantac, Prilosec, and nothing is helping it's so bad that my stomach is burning and rumbling, and I feel like I have to throw up and wish that I could, maybe I could get rid of this damn thing. Any help would be greatly appericated.

Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Health

• Put a spoon of baking soda in 4 oz of water and drink it. Won't taste good, but it will help.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• chew some celery, dont eat it. just swallow whatever juices come out of it. my reccomendation is go to the store and get some zantac. it works fast and omg it lasts.
    Anonymous

• wow celery? I have to try to remember that!!! When I was pregnant I had bad heartburn that went into chest pains. My ob said to drink water as soon as it hit to dilute the acid of heartburn. Since then I also drink water with my meals often to help the dilution and if I feel extra full I drink ginger ale - I like the taste especially of that soda and it helps me to burp.

Oh I was able to figure out that foods with dextrose gave me severe heartburn so I try hard to avoid that.

Feel Better!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• baking soda is awesome for that, also mothers apple cider vinegar, 2T. in 5 .oz of water with 1/8 tsp baking soda works everytime for my heartburn..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• papaya enzyme
    papaya (if you like it)
    a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Whatever you do, don't allow yourself to throw up while it is bad because you could bring up some stomach acid that will make your throat feel as if it was scraped raw with a paring knife - it's actually the acid corroding the lining of your throat.
    The baking soda trick never worked for me, nothing did, so hopefully you are not too terribly bad off where it will work for you.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Thank you ladies. Didn't realize it had posted twice. Weird.
    I did the baking soda trick. It worked almost instantly. I ended up going to the pharmacist who is a good friend. I never knew you could do the baking soda water trick. I wrote down what ever one suggested in case it happens again.

To the person that suggested Zantac, I took one yesterday morning and it did absolutely nothing, Prilosec.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010