Exercise while pregnant...

i know it is healthy to exercise while pregnant but what is too much? I like to take spin class and lift weights, not heavy weights, but i like to stay toned. Should i continue to do these things or should i stop and just start walking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the weights are fine i really dont know about the spin class you should ask your ob about that one but walking even running ( if you did it before hand ) is all okay just ask your ob for a list of exercises that are okay for you to do :)
    Anonymous

• I am pregnant and I still take spinning and lift weights because I was doing both before I got pregnant. I just don't get into as much as I did before and I sit down and slow down when I need too. I think what would be too much is anything intense that you didn't do BEFORE you were pregnant. Just watch yourself and pay attention to your body, if it tells you to stop, stop.
    Anonymous

• I noticed the same work out I did pre-pregnancy has been slowly getting to be too much. I have to step it down. Also, I throw up if I get too hot. Spinning sounds like too hot for me. But everyone is different!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• the only thing my doctor said was that my heart rate should not go above 140. other than that there isnt a whole lot to worry about.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I did Kathy Smith pregnancy aerobics. You should be able to pick up a DVD at your local library

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2010