Do you think a reward system of some kind would work for a 2 1/2 year old?

(I'm asking for a friend)...her dd keeps wanting to get in bed with mom and dad in the middle of the night (yells until they come in and then fights sleep, cries until they bring her into the bed) it's been going on for over a week straight and they want to break her of the habit and we were talking about a possible reward system for her staying in her own bed all night....any ideas? Thanks!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I watch nanny 911 and this happens all the time on that show they say 2 leave them in there room but
    monky2

Answer by monky2 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have written a journal on this exact thing. Share it with her!!

~~>> READ MY JOURNAL <<~~

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I didn't have a problem with my son wanting to get in the bed with me, but rather just getting up out of bed and making excuses. What worked for him is I laid 3 coins on his dresser. For every time he got up, or I had to come into his room for something then I took away one of his coins. Whatever coins he had left in the morning then he could put them in his piggy bank. My son loved coins and putting money in his piggy bank so it worked for him. Your friend can do the same thing but with something different and as a reward for keeping all of her (whatever they decide), then she can get a special treat.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2010