Religion battle

I am a practicing Wiccan, though I was raised Protestant. The rest of my family is protestant. I see no problem with my kids going to church with them once and a while, and I do not give them a hard time about taking them there. But I do get a hard time involving my children in my beliefs. That, I feel, is not fair. I want my children to be able to experience all things and when they are old enough be able to choose for themselves, but other want to make them so called "come over to the christian side". Am I wrong or I am fair?

devinmendsen

Asked by devinmendsen at 9:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no your right. they should experience both, and more and then decide what they want to believe when they are old enough.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• There was a situation like this at my old job. She is is Wicca and the husband is Catholic. Her in laws were upset about it, but as she pointed out her husband has ever opportunity to take them to Mass but doesn't. The way I look at it, if they don't like it they better give you a free babysitter on Sundays and Wednesdays :)

my MIL and two SIL were not happy about my kids going to a Catholic Church and not their church. I would call my MIL up and say things like well they can go to church with you if want this Sunday. I got a 'ah-ohh" but nothing more. My husband finally converted after a few years of going to Mass. There was polite congratulations, but really they were not happy yet they never invited my kids or even me to church.

Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You are being fair I think.
    Thats how I feel about it as well...I dont care if they wanna attend church with my mother and sister but when they are ready they will also be allowed to do things with me as well. They only know bits and pieces as they are still pretty young but I want them exposed to as many paths as they'd like to know about.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• There is only 1 way to Heaven and there is a Heaven and Hell and if you don't follow the 1 plan of salvation,it doesn't matter what religion you are,you will not make it to Heaven.Religion should be about a personal relationship with our Lord and obeying his Word and living a holy life so one day we will see our Jesus again.If you don't follow the plan of salvation which is found in Acts 2:37-39,it doesn't matter what religion your in then.
    Praying the Lord uses this section and opens peoples eyes and heart to his Full Truth.In JESUS NAME!!!!
    Anonymous

•  Man, Jesus FREAKS make me nuts b/c THEY are so CRAZY!!!  The bible is a book of FICTION!! Meaning Not TRUE! YOU follow the ONE PLAN OF SALVATION LADY!  I will be living life.

Anonymous

• anon:12 is an example of intolerance
    Anonymous

• ".In JESUS NAME!!!! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpva_iit-8

sorry.. this is the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• op.. you are being fair. :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• quoting:Man, Jesus FREAKS make me nuts b/c THEY are so CRAZY!!! The bible is a book of FICTION!! Meaning Not TRUE! YOU follow the ONE PLAN OF SALVATION LADY! I will be living life.

One day your going to answer to the Lord. I pray he opens your eyes and heart before its too late.
    Anonymous

• xxhazeldovexx,

sadly that lady is setting a very bad example.
    Anonymous