So why is your kid good for one parent and not the other one?

we could both be home and he trys to play one parent agains the other one or i work 8 hours a day monday-friday and he is the bigest brat when i am gone he is almost potty trained and he will pee his pants and poop them to but when i get home he is like oh no i better not do that any more or he will hit her and scream at her and is flat out rude to her and she tells me about it all day but i can do anything about it because im at work and once again when i get home he is good she works on tuesday and wednesday from swing and it is just me and him at home at home i just dont under stand why he is like this I try and disaplene him but i dont want to cross the line he really is not my kid he is my halfs kid what should I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In my opinion kids are constantly testing their limits to see just what they can get away with from different parents! Alot of times boys listen to their father roles better,and girls tend to listen to their mothers better to a certain extent,but I still think ALOT of it comes back to them wanting to test their limits. As far as being "afraid" to discipline him too much because he isn't your biological son,if you're in the picture as a father figure you take on the responsibility of helping raise the child,therefore you have just as much responsibility to help care for that child,which sometimes includes discipline. Just my opinion though....
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 7:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2010