Sleeping Baby

Or should I say not sleeping baby...my son is 8 months old and has been a terrible sleeper the past 3 months. From the time he was a month til about 4-5 months he slept 8-10 hrs straight, it was wonderful! But now he is up every 2 hrs or worse, and lately he has been waking around 2am and staying up til 4am. I try everything rocking him, nursing him, changing his diaper, letting him cry it out (which i only do for about 2 min. since it breas my heart) Nothing works! I am going crazy I need sleep..we co sleep but still i wake up n im up so it sucks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try putting him in his on room in a crib.
    Anonymous

• Is it possible that he's teething? You could try giving him some teething tablets and a little tylenol and see if that helps. Usually babies that are teething have more problems with it at night because they aren't distracted by anything.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Could it be teething? that can be so very painful. The previous poster is right about night being the worst because of lack of distractions and laying down amplifies any pain or discomfort.

Something is interrupting the sleep pattern. Eight to ten hours straight really is not common. Four to six hours is. The good news is this is only temporary.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• He sounds normal, sorry.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2010